Epson PhotoPC 3100 Zoom / Epson C920Z review

Started Nov 28, 2001 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Gerry Hanna New Member • Posts: 18
Epson PhotoPC 3100 Zoom / Epson C920Z review

Another home-run for Epson. My heart sank when I switched the camera on - nothing happened! Then I saw that the lens had extended inside the adaptor and the beauty was ready to show what it was capable of; all performed silently. I recently owned an Epson 850Z and was more than delighted with it's abilities (see Nov 5th opinion) so how does the 3meg version compare; in MY opinion? I am more-than-ever convinced that Epson are the only maker who knows how to make a RELIABLY performing digital camera that Consistently delivers sharp, well exposed pictures just about every time the shutter is released. There is no other maker, in my experience, that comes even close. As I have said in other reports,'A camera that produces great pictures some of the time, is not worth the space it takes up' that is still my opinion.
The users' manual is not well laid out; information on a particular aspect is spread out all over the manual instead of being contained in one section. The camera itself is a little more complex in operation that the 850Z but is still a lot easier to use than most rivals. Battery performance is great, even when using the LCD. Pictures are also great, with little fiddling around with settings; where this make scores so heavily. Used as a point-and-shooter or with advanced settings, it delivers great images - consistently! Though I do not like having to delve into the 'Set' menu so frequently to make settings - a minor moan. The camera feels solidly built but may be a little big for some hands. In my experience, anyone looking for an easy-to-use, good performing digital camera, look no further.

Problems:

A slight BLUE cast in auto mode, but there is a manual setting available. The shutter button is a little difficult to find at times. Minor complaints only.

Epson PhotoPC 3100 Zoom / Epson C920Z
3 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 34 – 102 mm (3×)
Announced: Mar 1, 2001
Gerry Hanna's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow