Olympus E-10 review

Started Mar 14, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SeanU Senior Member • Posts: 2,121
Olympus E-10 review

This is truly a photographers camera. With the price of this camera now under $1200 it is an excellent buy. The build quality is excellent (like a tank) and it feels like an old friend in your hands. Nothing beats looking through the lens for composing an image. The image quality has been good for all prints I have made (I have only gone up to 8x10 so far). Almost all of the settings can be changed without using the LCD. Once you get used to the button positions, changes can be made with your eyes closed. Olympus has used "prosumer" electronics in a "pro" body, so you will find cameras that take better images, but you will pay much more for them (a good lens will cost as much as the E-10)

Problems:

I have a few minor complaints. The camera is very slow in playback mode. Loading,Zooming and scrolling seem to take forever compared to my Nikon 880. Because of this I use the "Auto Review" mode, which displays a static preview while the image is being written to the card. Autofocus sometimes misses the target, and can give you some headaches until you get used to it. Finally, the manual focus ring is a letdown if you are used to slr MF. It is "fly by wire" and not continuous.

SeanU's gear list:SeanU's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X100V Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Olympus E-10
4 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 35 – 140 mm (4×)
Announced: Aug 22, 2000
SeanU's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow