Olympus C-4040 Zoom review

Started Apr 29, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Nelson New Member • Posts: 2
Olympus C-4040 Zoom review

I have had the C-4040 since 28 February. I liked the
handling. I found some of shots at SHQ slightly soft in focus, under perfectlightig conditions.

Problems:

Now Olympus has had my camera longer than I have. I found hot and dead pixels on the CCD and sent the camera in for repair on 28 March. Repair lost my warranty docs...then found them, but not before trying to bill me for repairs out of warranty. After three calls to them, and a letter from Oly I find that they are waiting on a part to repair the camera. There they are, a top of the line prosumer camera model defective and the repair dept. Cypress, CA does not have the part to repair it. Are so many Oly CCDs defective that they can't find a clean one?
My questions to any C-4040 owners are: (1) have you had this defective CCD problem? (2) did you send your camera in for repair to Oly (3) did they repair it and if so
how long did it take (4) if you had to wait a long time was there action you took to get them to repair it. I think I should just be sent a new C-4040 (after they have verified it is not defective) (5) have any of you gotten a new camera replacement for a defective one?

A very frustrated

Barry Nelson

ps-if you want to write me directly I am at bpnelspo2@pacbell.net

28 April 2002

Olympus C-4040 Zoom
4 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 35 – 105 mm (3×)
Announced: Jun 20, 2001
Nelson's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow