Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro review

Started Feb 18, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Carl Maiorino Senior Member • Posts: 2,157
Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro review

Well, after shooting several thousand images with this camera, I am impressed. The image quality is marevelous. Even at the 1.3 megapixel setting I can generate a 10" print with no pixelation. Noise is well within tolerances, even at ISO 1600. The camera was easy to use...even the digital functions were easy to figure out without having to look at the manual. Nice fleshtones with this camera. Has a nice feel to it, even with the extra weight from the image processing part of the camera.

Problems:

There tends to be a slight green cast on the background when I shoot on a white background, although the model and her clothing are almost perfect. I don't like the magnet that keeps the card compartment door closed. Jiggle it just a little and you get an "Err" message...a latch would have been better. My biggest complaint is that it does require the "AA" and CR123 batteries to operate fully. Would like to see Fuji address in a future model...

Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro
3 megapixels • 2 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jan 31, 2000
Carl Maiorino's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow