Canon PowerShot S30 review

Started Mar 9, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Brian
Brian Regular Member • Posts: 279
Canon PowerShot S30 review

I have owned this camera for over a year at this writing and I have no regrets. I spent a lot of time on this site comparing and reading to the point it gets frustrating. (I did the same thing the year prior to this purchase and purchased nothing.)

I would like to note that I based my ratings on this cameras price point EX. I gave a 5.0 for Image quality; I don't doubt that more expensive cameras could do better.)

Having a digital camera is very handy and I find the picture taken by the S30 to be quite good. One of the things that intrigued us about the S30 was the fact I felt we were get a very high quality camera in a compact size, we like the size.

We have shot over 1300 pictures with the camera thus far, granted a lot of them are just many duplicates of the same things; this is a nice thing about didgital, shot all you want.

If I was in the same position again, I would consider the same camera.

I only have two negatives.

1) The flash illuminates the center of the picture heavily, it should spread the flash out better. (I was aware of this before buying as others stated this.)

2) Battery life is not very long, you will want at least one back up.

Problems:

<nt>

Brian's gear list:Brian's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +3 more
Canon PowerShot S30
3 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 35 – 105 mm (3×)
Announced: Oct 2, 2001
Brian's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow