Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review
This is a very portable camera that is small enough to be tucked into a jacket pocket, which means that you are likely to take it with you wherever you go. Shots taken outdoors are crisp and sharp with good colour balance and exposure. In fact, as good as I have seen from any top quality digital camera. Battery life is good and, I have never found it necessary to purchase a spare battery. Like a lot of other digital cameras, it is essential to purchase a 128Mb Memory Stick.
As other reviewers have commented, shots taken indoors with flash can look very noisy/grainy and often lacking in sharpness. I have experimented with ways of improving the situation and have found the following set-up helpful:-
1. Take the camera off the Power Saving Mode.
2. Set the Picture Quality to "Fine".
3. Use Centre AF focusing to get sharp shots of people or other main subjects. Depress the shutter button half way and focus on some detail and then recompose, if necessary, before shooting.
This has greatly improved the situation for me.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%