Fujifilm FinePix F410 Zoom review
As my 401 was stolen some time ago and I needed a small camera as a second to my 602 I immediately went out for the 410. After using the camera for some time here are my first impressions
THE REAL PRO’S
-xd card at last. what an improvement over the old ones. Faster and more convenient. The speed is really noticeable in the movie mode.
- lcd is better than in the 401 (where it was already really good)
- great design, nice weight. (actually this is a disadvantage for me as my wife now mostly carries it around and I have to ask for my camera)
- new finepix software. A big improvement versus the old one and something you will really enjoy.
- picture quality. Picture quality is good. Is it better than the 401(which was good)? Yeah sometimes but you need to make more manual adjustments to achieve this. I see improvements outside especially in not so good weather conditions. There is more life in the picture. The automatic mode is not as good. Manual results are now better. The downside is that pictures are not so sharp any more. This is my only major disappointment with this camera. The ISO400mode is too grainy and you should stick to ISO200. Don’t even think about ISO800 unless there is really no other option. Pity a ISO100 is not included
- battery life is good. The cradle is handy for reloading.
- an extra button on the back to immediately go to the ISO/Quality settings is an example of the small but usefull improvement of the camera
- the craddle is a nice to have but mind you there is from the 401 and is too slow if you are having large xs cards. I purchased a 256MB xd card and the feeling was that it took a long time to upload them to the pc. I wonder what will happen if even larger xd cards come on the market.
THE DON’T LIKES
- An xd card of 16Mb
|Thunderheads With Egret by Buzz Lightyear|
|Double Rainbow; Abiquiu, NM, USA. by abiquiuense|
from After the Rain