Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 review

Started Apr 24, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Samad Regular Member • Posts: 150
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 review

I have used this camera for quiet a while now and I have taken hundereds of photographs with it in all kinds of situations. I am very very happy with the results. The photographs are sharp and the colours are great! I have also taken a lot of prints and the results are amazing. I am so happy I bought this camera becuase it cost me so less and gives me back so much more. This cam is ideal for lanscape photography and renders unmatched details. It also produces true to life skin tones and therefore wins at the shooting portfolios as well. The thing i love most about it is the lens. This has to be the sharpest lens on a compact camera that delivers amazing detail. All in all its a job well done. Would you believe? Ive stopped using my scanner to scan documents now.....I take photographs of everything becuase the quality is THAT good! lolz

Problems:

Yes, the battery IS that bad! and Yes, the flash IS an ergonomic flaw. I am not crazy about the jog dial as well, although I like the functions it can perform. A tripod is a must with this camera since its small and lacks grip and so is a separate battery pack. Also I wish Sony had included a separate battery charger rather than charging within the camera. The manual is written by someone who wasnt payed over-time for working on it and Yes, Sony accessories are expensive. I also noticed that taking pictures with manual settings can be cumbersome since the settings take time to adjust according to the situation, but the results are rewarding nonetheless. The camera also has a problem with adjusting color balance outdoors and indoors even with manual settings. The images tend have a nasty blue cast specially over yellows and greens. This can however be fixed with photoshop and happens once in a blue moon, so nothing to worry about!
TIFF is such bull-crap!!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1
5 megapixels • 1.5 screen • 34 – 136 mm (4×)
Announced: Feb 24, 2003
Samad's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow