Casio Exilim EX-Z55 review

Started Sep 23, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
shortlatte New Member • Posts: 6
Casio Exilim EX-Z55 review

I am not a professional photographer but I take photography as a hobby and very seriously. I had the camera for one day and I had to return it to the store to exchange for another camera. (I've now got a Canon S500 instead).

The camera is very nicely constructed. Perfect size, large LCD, feels very good, the battery life has to be the best among all the models out in the market. Perfect for people who like to carry their camera in their pockets wherever they go.

Problems:

Why did I return it? The quality of the photos were average. The worst part was that the LCD quality was so bad that I could not stand it. The LCD has a yellow tone to it. No matter how much I adjusted the white balance, it remained very yellowish compared to any other models. It is very annoying to have a large LCD, but poor quality.

Oh and they can improve on the hard copy manual as well.

Having said all that, Casio has definitely taken a big leap to improve their digital cameras (esp the battery!!) more so than many other brands.

Casio Exilim EX-Z55
5 megapixels • 2.5 screen • 35 – 105 mm (3×)
Announced: Aug 25, 2004
shortlatte's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow