Canon EOS 20D review

Started Nov 29, 2004 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
gj jones New Member • Posts: 4
Canon EOS 20D review

i own the digital rebel and was extremly pleased with the results and ease of use being a beginer...i have used the 20d for just a few short days and i am extremley pleased with the sharpness of the images....hardly any noise with iso at 800...the built in filters are a nice touch...very responsive...and start up time is very quick..camera syncs beautifully with the speedlite 420ex...auto focus extremely fast....very pleased with images thus far??? considered buying nikon but when i saw sample pics from nikon and canon side by side canons pics always seemed 2 be sharper...even with nikons supposed "superior metering" capabilities...but my thing is with all the camera jargon...does the camera take a good picture or not..and the this camera definitley does... but please note complaints,,,i wanted 2 let every1 know that b4 i edited my opinion of this camera i wanted 2 shoot extensively for a couple of months....i initially said the images were sharper than the rebel...it actually turns out that the images are soft and need retouching....i tried the in camera sharpening but that didnt seem 2 work much 4 me...the camera is faster than the reble flash photography is so easy with this camera...but i dont know if i wld reccomend this camera...i wld tell them just 2 buy the rebel ext....

Problems:

this is currently my second 20D..the first one kept locking up...the built in flash wouldn't work....and i kept getting the "error 99" message..sometimes auto focus has a mind of its own...pictures are sharper than the rebel...but not by that much...not sure if i will keep this camera quite honestly if locking up persist...seems 2 be a constant complaint amoungst owners...its 600$ more than the rebel is it really worth it for 1.9 more pixels and a metal body????

Canon EOS 20D
8 megapixels • 1.8 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Aug 19, 2004
gj jones's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow