Olympus E-300 / EVOLT E-300 review

Started Apr 18, 2005 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
shinndigg Veteran Member • Posts: 4,660
Olympus E-300 / EVOLT E-300 review

I've now had camera for 2 months and am VERY happy. Excellent photos, excellent dynamic range. Yeah, yeah. I know all about the noise issues. Bunk. Not an issue. Excellent value for your money (and I purchased it BEFORE the 2 lense deal). Haven't had any of the overexposure issues mentioned before this. All in all, I am very satisfied.
Update July 31: Still in love with this camera. Started to use RAW a month ago. It's quite amazing the images one can get from this camera. To see some examples, go to pbase.com/shinndigg. GREAT camera.

Problems:

First camera went on the blink after a week. I think either the shutter or the sensor was bad. Returned to the (local) merchant and they exchanged the camera with NO problem. Haven't any problems with the second camera at all. No complaints at all. I would recommend doig the updates so as not to fight the metering. Well worht updating, especially to 1.3

shinndigg's gear list:shinndigg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus E-510 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +9 more
Olympus E-300 (EVOLT E-300)
8 megapixels • 1.8 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Sep 27, 2004
shinndigg's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow