Olympus D-580 Zoom (C-460 Zoom) review
This is the camera that finally made me leave 35mm behind for good. Have owned mine for over 18 months and have shot thousands of photos. Beautiful prints up to 8 X 10 even with some cropping. My first Olympus. Remarkably resilient camera for this category as well. I'm so happy with it that I just last week traded in all my SLR 35mm equipment to buy the Olympus Evolt 300. Looking forward to seeing the results from that but I'll still keep my little D-580 right in my shirt pocket everywhere I go!
Uses a lot of battery power to extend/retract lens each time but this is true of most cameras of this type.
You can't escape it if you want a point and shoot zoom in this price range.
Flash seems to use an inordinate amount of battery power as well compared to normal daylight/ambient light shooting.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%