Ricoh Caplio GX8 review
I'm using this camera for some time, it is not my first one but the previous was quite as a toy for todays standards (Mustek GsmartII 1,3mpix)... so here is my opinion:
- very fast start (the most important one for me)
- good grip and handy
- solid allu construction (not the creacky plastic) & old stylish look (yeah--black cameras rulez)
- programable ADJ button -nice&usefull
- nice operation time (@2x2400Nimh no-names)
- good autofocus - one sharp lightsource is enough to set focus during night shots.
- thread around the lenses for sun cover/telescope mounting or sth else - I have to order that...
- big noise when trying to compensate lack of light with ISO sensibility (200 is O.k. but upper values seems to be almost useless). By the way: I'm still looking for countryside that I could find night sky dark enough to shot @1600ASA/30sec/f.2,4 with no city lights at the background - for testing purposes ofcoz (I'm keen on astronomy too)
- week range of flashlight -but there is a hotshoe for extra one...
safety ring around lenses - that enables acces to thread for extra covers/wide lenses - seems to be self-unscrewing sometimes. I am afraid to lose it - but I am not able to screw it harder with fingers...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!