Fujifilm FinePix E510 Zoom review
COMMENTS : The Fuji E-510 is a genuine bargain considering its' features .
1) Bright clear high-resolution 2-inch , 154000 pixel screen .
2) Very good handgrip permits safe one-handed shooting .
3)Excellent buttons/controls layout for fast menus access & use.
4) Simple easy-to-learn logical menus .
5) Unique P & S 28mm - 91mm wide-angle-to-portrait zoom range .
6) A well-positioned very useable VF .
7) Two macro modes , who else provides that ?
8) Separate EV button permits fast adjustments .
9) Uses AA batteries available in a pinch .
10) Adapter lenses can be attached .
11) Medium-small size is highly portable .
12) Has full range of aperture controls plus dedicated scene , sports , portrait , etc. settings .
13) Size 8x10 pix seem O.K. from the 3 megapixel setting I use .
14) The manual is detailed and thorough , despite the small print .
15) Just a truly enjoyable camera to look at , hold , and shoot with .
1) The LCD virtually washes out in bright sunlight and is only marginally useable in low light, but at least the E-510 has the VF to use in both situations .
2) Sadly ,there is no AF assist lamp .
3) Regrettably there are no continuous shoot , burst shoot , nor bracketing capabilities .
4) The 2-second minimum shutter speed really limits night shots : Fuji should at least provide 4 seconds .
5) No VF diopter adjustment ; yet the VF is useable even wearing my eyeglasses .
6) Getting properly exposed low light pix is a challenge - as it is with the majority of digital P & S cameras . Use P mode , change the flash strength settings and keep shooting until you find the right one .
7) The flash is a bit fragile ; treat it gently .
8) Button proximity sometimes leads to pressing the power button instead of the shutter button . Whoops !
Despite the above shortcomings , there are no major problems to report . The E-510 Finepix simply keeps right on doing a quite satisfactory job of making good pix week after week . It is a genuine complement carry everywhere companion when I decide to leave my big Panasonic DMC-FZ20K at home .
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)