Ricoh Caplio R3 review
This is a great little pocket camera. Lots of people whine about the image noise at high ISO, but what did they expect from a little teeny sensor? It is no worse than any other camera in the same category, and to be honest, its actually better than I had any reason to expect.
The camera operates as a simple P&S for many people and gives "good enough" quality, but if you are capable of doing post, then under expose a bit, leave the sharpening at low/soft and fix things in post.
The big selling point is having such an enormous zoom range, and having 28mm equiv on the wide end is GREAT!
I got one LNIB for $225, which was a deal I couldn't refuse.
Its kind of noisy, with the motors for zooming and focusing being louder than expected, but still okay.
Wish it had RAW.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%