Casio Exilim EX-Z850 review

Started Apr 29, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
emanuela New Member • Posts: 13
Casio Exilim EX-Z850 review

Pictures taken with wide angle (even at ISO 50) are unsharp at the corners of the frame, if you compare them to those taken by Z750 (obviously at same settings and same ISO 50).
Only using macro mode or zoom, pics are really good.
Therefore I give 4 regarding pics quality.

Videos are unusable, becouse of horizontal stairstepping lines, looking like twisted ropes moving like sea-waves while video is running. “High quality” vids are even worse than normal quality; moreover vids taken with wide angle are worse than videos taken with zoom (that’s why – I think- video examples in “Dpreview.com” are better than my videos taken most of the time using wide angle). Since vids are really unpleasant to watch either in TV or in computer, my rating is 0 regarding vids quality.

Therefore the average for quality (both pics and vids) is 2.

Regarding features, I find them superlative and really improved compared those of Z750 (but what’s it for, if the output quality is not satisfactory ?)

I wouldn’t purchased Z850 if I only had known that the quality of pics and especially of videos wasn’t at least the same of Z750. I didn’t return the camera trusting in official statements from Casio and in releasing of firmware but the silence of the company in same case, or worse the lack of admission of video- problems have definitely worried me. I find such a commercial policy not reliable.

Value for money ? I spent € 352,00 (three hundred and fiftytwo euros) for a camera that I can’t use as I had hoped and that I leave at home most of the time. Therefore my rating is 2.

Problems:

See above

Casio Exilim EX-Z850
8 megapixels • 2.5 screen • 38 – 114 mm (3×)
Announced: Feb 21, 2006
emanuela's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow