Fujifilm FinePix Z3 review
Very solidly built, sleek camera. Great all-aluminum construction, very durable LCD screen--it has a very hard protective cover that seems bulletproof. I own this camera in Black, and it gets comments anytime I remove it from my pocket.
This is a sleeper of a camera--excellent, but nobody knows about it.
Very quick startup to first shot, among the best I have used. Surprisingly short shutter lag, considering the lack of an optical viewfinder.
Accurate color rendition under varying light conditions. Image quality is not the best among P/S cameras, but it is very good--definitely above average.
Excellent low-light performance, both with and without flash. Flash range is not great, but it is acceptable up to about 8'. Beyond that, it's best to use available light.
The camera has a nice slideshow feature when in the cradle--and the screen is large enough to allow this.
Only a few quibbles:
1. The sliding cover can be somewhat hard to open, since there are no real ridges for your fingers to catch. You must depend on the slight texture of the brushed aluminum finish. The trick is to squeeze the front and back of the camera together slightly as you slide the cover open.
2. There is no optical viewfinder--but the display can be seen decently well even in sunlight.
3. There is no direct USB port--the cradle must be used (or a card-reader) in order to read photos from the camera.
4. The only way to charge the battery is with the cradle.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%