Canon PowerShot A630 review
First I am a keen amateur photographer who has been using DSLR for two years and is looking for a P&S to leave in my bag to take everywhere. Low-light performance doesn't worry me since I will use my DSLR for it if needed.
- The image quality is excellent up to ISO200, and quite OK at ISO400 but I probably won't be using anything higher than that.
- swivel LCD is very handy and one of the reason I chose it over Panasonic models in this price range
- very easy to use. I found myself using the 90% of the camera functionality without reading the manual.
- very responsive, very little shutter lag or shot-to-shot delay
- flash performance is better than expected
- good video quality
- the build quality isn't as good as Panasonic's models in this price range, especially the LCD is quite plasticky. It feels like I will break it if I am not careful. And the door to all the connections/terminals is very flimsy too.
- no separate SD card slot which shares the same compartment as the batteries
- low-res LCD. The LCD is good for composition and that's about it. You can't check for details because of the low-res.
So, apart from the plasticky build issues and low-res LCD, this is any excellent camera. I would recommend it to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a good performance P&S. I only gave '4' for "Value for money" because shops are still selling them for about AU$400 in Australia. I would have given it a '5' if I could get the US price here in Australia.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4