Canon PowerShot G7 review

Started Jun 23, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
nikolina New Member • Posts: 12
Canon PowerShot G7 review

i have regretted choosing this camera over the sony v-3, even though that one is 2 years old already. sometimes the camera doesn't autofocus properly, the menu and controls are weirdly placed and un-intuitive, you have to choose options each time you change the mode (like from automatic to manual & back to automatic) you have to re-set your settings from scratch. the worst case si that whenever you go to automatic you have to re-turn the flash off if you don't want automatic flash, instead of the camera keeping the option for flash you had placed 1 min ago in another mode. that's VERY annoying. the image quality is not as good as advertised & mentioned in reviews, ISOs over 400 TOO noisy to be worth the bother.

Problems:

I think the designers of this camera tried to impress with very stupid features, like the seperate iso chooser which resembles an analog camera, but is rather worthless for aforementioned reason. instead, they could have tried to make a logical & intuitive camera in its controls...

worst of all is the fact that there is NO INDICATION OF BATTERY LIFE LEFT. do they think they're clever leaving such an important feature out to make us buy a second battery to carry along at all times? pfff...

I'd only recommend this camera to people who have only had compact cams with a few options before, but at this price, it's not even worth it for them.

the only chance you'll be ever impressed with this cam is if you've never used a digital camera before.

Canon PowerShot G7
10 megapixels • 2.5 screen • 35 – 210 mm (6×)
Announced: Sep 14, 2006
nikolina's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow