Nikon Coolpix S51 review
First impression: what a jewel! Second: I'm probably not geting the best out of it. My pictures (some at http://www.pbase.com/akimbo/s51) so far are worse than others I've seen, only marginally meeting my expectations. It's probably me, though.
The camera seems well built, solid with the exception of the door.
The bulky Video + USB cable is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Your regular USB cable won't work (as it would on a D70, for instance): the camera has a non-standard plug. It also does not seem to have a menu option to switch the interface from PTP to USB storage mode (even the L11 has that).
This may or may not be a problem (time will tell): on the second day, a pixel on the LCD was stuck on green. Today it was ok.
These take some getting used to: to open the battery (and SD card) door, press gently right on the arrow; when closed, the door moves under thumb; lens placement.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%