Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 review

Started Dec 18, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Misacek New Member • Posts: 2
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 review

Please note that all ratings values are given with respect to the camera's class, you can't very well compare a compact camera to a DSLR.
I picked this camera carefully, depending mostly on the reviews here on Dpreview for guidance. I have to mention I bought it a year ago and that electronics is somewhat more expensive where I live, back then it cost me the equivalent of 400 dollars.
I wasn't ready to pay much more than that, I'm not pro enough to make use of a DSLR anyway. So, I was keen on getting the most bang for my buck and I have to say, this camera gave me exactly that.
It's as easy to use as any comparable camera, relatively fast, though not as much so as the more expensive DSLRs. It wouldn't have to have as many "scenic programmes" - imo those are for beginners and have a place in much smaller and simpler compacts. One thing I sometimes miss is the exposition hold button, I have to resort to the partial trigger-press trick quite often. Also, the lens could be fixed in the extended position, it saves power and time and allows you to store the camera with any eventual filters on. This way, screwing the extension barrel on and off all the time can get annoying.
The images are beautiful, the only thing they lack compared to my father's Olympus E-500 is the texture, which just isn't technically possible to match to that of a camera thrice as expensive with like a five times bigger sensor.
One thing that is particularly outstanding is the extremely strong flash, which almost reaches the qualities of the Olympus FE-36 external.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2
6 megapixels • 2 screen • 36 – 432 mm (12×)
Announced: Feb 25, 2006
Misacek's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow