Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 review

Started Dec 25, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
s1rf4n
s1rf4n New Member • Posts: 6
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 review

In general I prefer using a DSLR whenever possible. That being said I fly alot, and do not like to hall a SLR on planes.

My job takes me to many properties that have been damaged by flood and fire (Mostly New Orleans).

I have found that this little jem of a camera has become a great friend to me travling to these locations. The AF on this camera is amazing in low light. I can point this into rooms that are so dark I cant even see into them, and this takes the pictures that I need.

Construction on this camera is verry good, and I have no problems taking into rough conditions.

Picture quality has been good at the wider ranges and lower ISO settings. Inside you must use the flash.
Testing this camera on a good tripod in good light at ISO800 produces very poor photos. I tested this against my G9, and two casio's (z850 and z1050), and this came in last at ISO800). ISO400 can be used in smaller prints.

Color and detail are great at the low end of the ISO range and using a more wide angle.

Lens is Lieca glass so what more can be said.

As with all 'sooper zooms' that I have used in the past, the quality is just not there at the full end of the zoom. I have found for myself that zooming past 6x you will need a tripod as well as you can say good bye to any colors.

Overall a nice walk about camera if you dont feel like lugging around a larger camera.

Camera came with a Carry Case. What a amazing idea.
Panasonic deserves Props for this if nothing else.

Problems:

Would love to see a larger sensor as the camera is a little larger then the normal compact

s1rf4n's gear list:s1rf4n's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Pentax K-1 Olympus E-M1 II +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3
7 megapixels • 3 screen • 28 – 280 mm (10×)
Announced: Jan 31, 2007
s1rf4n's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow