Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 review

Started Apr 28, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Rodger Kingston
Rodger Kingston New Member • Posts: 23
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 review

In June 2007 I began using a Panasonic Lumix LX2 digital camera. Without going into a sales pitch (which I would be happy to do at a moment's notice), let me just say that it fits my hand - and my eye - like it was made for them. I love the 16:9 - almost panoramic - aspect ratio. My wife says I'm like a kid with a new bike.

After almost a year of using this camera, I have a built up a large gallery of LX2 photographs on my web site, "Taking The Long View: A Panasonic LX2 Portfolio." (The easiest way to see it is to Google "rpkphoto." My web site will be among the first few entries.) This informal portfolio, which I update regularly, is a measure of my satisfaction with this little jewel of a camera. I hope you feel at home there.

Rodger Kingston

Problems:

The camera is noisy, and when shooting jpegs, the noise suppression is heavy-handed. Therefore I ALWAYS shoot in RAW mode, with great resiults. Last week I made a 32 inch full frame print for a corporate client, and it is very impressive.

I'm starting to wonder when we are going to see an LX3.

And by the way, I like removable lens caps; I got used to them over 30 years ago.

Rodger Kingston's gear list:Rodger Kingston's gear list
Fujifilm X20
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
10 megapixels • 2.8 screen • 28 – 112 mm (4×)
Announced: Jul 19, 2006
Rodger Kingston's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow