Nikon D60 review

Started May 8, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
MindBrain Forum Member • Posts: 96
Nikon D60 review

Got my first DSLR the D60 from newegg.com The first one I got had 3 hot pixels that would show up at any ISO or shutter speed. The "auto shooting info off" would not work properly in outdoor sunlight (it would keep flickering on and off) Also the 18-55mm kit lens made a slight creaking sound on the bottom near the base.

So I sent it back and got a new one. The hot pixels were fine, not showing up at reasonable ISOs and shutter speeds. The "auto shooting info off" feature worked properly. And the lens did not have the creaking sound.

I like the construction of this camera, feels solid as well as the buttons and stuff. I like the menu system and the controls, and the look of the shooting info, as well as being able to customize it (I have mine set to classic, black)

I'm kinda let down by the features, in that, there are a couple features I feel they should have included (and probably wouldn't have any trouble doing so) such as exposure bracketing, ability to set multiple timed shots (like for time-lapse, but I don't know if that feature is even on other cameras) Was also disappointed to find out that to use a wireless flash I need a commander unit.

But most of these complaints have workarounds. Although I would really like it if maybe in a firmware update they added exposure bracketing, I mean it seems like a really simple feature.

That's about it, look forward to shooting more pictures with it. Gonna get some macro filters soon (for until the day I'm rich and I can get a real macro lens)

Problems:

First one I got had the problems noted above.

Nikon D60
10 megapixels • 2.5 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jan 29, 2008
MindBrain's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow