Nikon Coolpix S600 review
Looks great, feels great but image quality is not so great. Almost everything I took in auto mode had a minimum ISO of 400 so noise was always a problem. Having no histogram or post-shot ISO indication was a pain - I never knew what ISO the camera was choosing until I looked at the exif info. The face detection system worked well though and can recognise multiple faces in one shot with ease. There was a strange pinky/blue tinge to ALL my pix. I never found out what this was and have had to subsequently return the camera because of it. There is very little user control in most settings. Even in 'manual' mode, all you control is some ISO settings (not all), exposure compensation and white balance. The camera seemed to like using higher ISO settings even on bright sunny day - these looked fine on the display but when you look at them back home, they are noisy and sometimes stangely coloured!
The display was prone to streaking badly in certain light conditions and on sunny days, was barely bright enough(even with the brightness boost on) to see clearly. It was also very prone to fingerprints.
I wasn't expecting the quality of my D80 but I expected better from Nikon.
Still, way better than a Fuji F100FD though!!
1) Can be noisy above ISO 400
2) Likes to use ISOs higher than 400!
3) Screen is smudge-tastic but very crisp. Not quite bright enough.
4) Mysterious pinky/blue tinge to my averything on my particular camera. Your mileage may vary..
5) Tended to over-expose a lot of the time, especially if there were patches of sunlight in the picture.