Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 review
I used this camera for about 5.5 years and took over 30,000 shots with it. At the time I bought it, it had the best optics of cameras in its class. Combined with low noise at ISO100, this enabled me to use this for many years. The pivoting LCD assembly allowed me to take shots in awkward scenarios: above the crowd, around a corner, etc... The nightshot mode in conjunction with IR filters enables infrared photography. The 320x240 movie mode was not "production quality" by any stretch, but was often good enough in many scenarios.
The screws in the case slowly worked themselves loose after about 4 years. A dab of locktight fixed this.
I used a high quality and very heavy 0.7x wide angle adapter screwed onto the 58mm filter threads. This threaded ring became loose, so I stopped carrying around the 0.7x adapter since I was worried the front would come off the camera!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%