Nikon Coolpix P80 review
An excellent one I've ever had. I'll rate it as a thumb up.
It is an upgrade DC for my Canon SD750, and I used it for about 2 weeks now. Worthy to spend $280USD for this small DC with some pro features. (Some website sell it for only $235 now!)
- 18x zoom is unbelievable well-performed. I used it to take pictures for the moon, Jupiter and Venus on Dec 1, and the picture is so nice, almost as same as those pictures posted by professional website for that sky scenery.
- 15 different scene mode are quite functional. Auto mode is not good for night scenery, but the scene mode is really good. I just tried around 7-8 of them, and quite satisfied with the pictures so far.
- Smaller than I expected. Quite handy.
- Sometimes ISO is set too high in auto mode which degrades the image quality. You will get a more satisfied image with a proper scene mode or manual mode.
I would say, it's not a perfect DC, but it will server you well if you use it properly.
And remember, don't blame it if it does not perform as good as a SLR. You pay with 1/3 price of a SLR only.
- Shaky image when you use a full 18x zoom
|Tomatillos and Red Jalepeno Peppers by Kukla|
from Herbs, spices, sauces, or condiments
|Little Kickers by Gfancher|
from sports T&I including banners
|ABD_9819 Bald Eagle by kasjun|
from A big year - birds 2018
|the eyes by aarif|
from -Portrait Challenge 2018-