Nikon Coolpix P80 review

Started Dec 3, 2008 | User reviews thread
Flat view
Selena New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon Coolpix P80 review

An excellent one I've ever had. I'll rate it as a thumb up.

It is an upgrade DC for my Canon SD750, and I used it for about 2 weeks now. Worthy to spend $280USD for this small DC with some pro features. (Some website sell it for only $235 now!)

- 18x zoom is unbelievable well-performed. I used it to take pictures for the moon, Jupiter and Venus on Dec 1, and the picture is so nice, almost as same as those pictures posted by professional website for that sky scenery.
- 15 different scene mode are quite functional. Auto mode is not good for night scenery, but the scene mode is really good. I just tried around 7-8 of them, and quite satisfied with the pictures so far.
- Smaller than I expected. Quite handy.
- Sometimes ISO is set too high in auto mode which degrades the image quality. You will get a more satisfied image with a proper scene mode or manual mode.

I would say, it's not a perfect DC, but it will server you well if you use it properly.

And remember, don't blame it if it does not perform as good as a SLR. You pay with 1/3 price of a SLR only.

- Shaky image when you use a full 18x zoom

Nikon Coolpix P80
10 megapixels • 2.7 screen • 27 – 486 mm (18×)
Announced: Apr 10, 2008
Selena's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow