Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 review
I bought a black tz4, to accompany my fujifilm f31fd, because of its 28mm wide angle and 10x zoom.
Compared to the f31fd image quality is average to poor.
- Ugly combination of noise and noise reduction at 100 iso. Worse at higher iso. Loss of detail as a result.
- Poor dynamic range. Images do not have the contrast of the f31fd and highlights are often totally burnt out.
- Seems to overexpose sometimes. Probably need more practice fiddling with the settings.
- White balance indoors under fluro or incandecent is poor. Yellow cast. However, the manual white balance fixed this.
+ If the you don't pixel peep the images are sharp across the whole zoom range.
+ In blazing bright Australian sunshine, noise almost goes away.
+ Accurate colours.
+ Everything looks nice as long as you don't look too closely.
CAMERA IN GENERAL
+ Intelligent Auto often picks the right scene mode.
+ Optical image stabalisation works really well.
+ Easy to navigate menu's.
+ Excellent quiet zoom.
+ Good batterly life.
+ Nice wide angle.
+ Excellent made in Japan construction.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week