Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 review

Started Jan 27, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
glasshoper Forum Member • Posts: 58
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 review

fantastic camera! cheap, very effective in-camera stabilisation so all the lenses will come in stabilised, compatible with all the old minolta autofocus lenses that can be obtained for rezonable prices, stellar immage quality/low noise up to ISO 800 with 1600 still very usable, very solid built compared to the rebels and the D60, fast and reliable autofocus, plenty of lightning control options and I could keep going for the rest of the day.... I went shopping for a Nikon (just cause I used to have a f 65 and a f90 with few average lenses) but totaly got sold on the sony-minolta system!

Problems:

absolutely no weak points for this price! totally happy after 10 months of usage and 10K+ pictures. offers much more features and better built quality than the direct competition. some will complain for not having live view ( but sony has the alpha 300 that is basically an alpha 200 with live view that can be had for about the same money). I don't care about live view and much more enjoy the larger and brighter optical viewfinder.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200
10 megapixels • 2.7 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jan 7, 2008
glasshoper's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow