Pentax K10D review
I just got a used K10D (excellent+ condition from KEH) with the kit 18-35mm F/3.5 lens for $400!! Yipee! I also got the dpreviewed 55mm f/1.4 lens. This is all a replacement for an Olympus C-8080.
I am very pleased and my "problems encountered" are are mostly superficial (but resulted in a 4.5 for ease of use). Although my camera was a C-8080 before, I have used a number of DSLR's and am generally very picky with quality and design. Given the price (especially used of course), build quality, and image quality (normal mode, reduced saturation, increased sharpness ), I think this is a real gem and I recommend it.
There are a few annoyances I have found, mostly in the firmware.
1. In Aperture Priority mode I would like to see the green button have a function, such as resetting the aperture as specified in Program mode.
2. When selecting white balance it would be nice to use the control wheels to make selections instead of the up-down/left-right arrows.
3. When using automatic preview I would like to see a better hardware interrupt from the shutter release button to cancel the preview. I leave it off anyway.
In terms of hardware:
1. Could use slightly wider camera strap holes to accommodate thicker straps.
2. Could use a wider color temperature sensing range for white balance. I simply use it in manual mode, which is good practice anyway.
3. I would like more warning when a battery is about to die.
The Kit lens (does not impact my rating):
1. Vignetting when wide open.
2. Slower than I was used to with the C-8080...but that is price related.
The 50mm lens:
1. Love it!
|Common Flashwing by digimania|
from canon dslr
|The Marilyn impersonator by Lee8282|
from Blowing in the Wind (Nature)