Nikon Coolpix S620 review
I wanted a compact digital as I found I wasn't using my Olympus 7070 as much as I should. So much easier to have a little P&S in your pocket than have a larger camera slung around your neck.
Secondly, I plan on taking the camera on an extended vacation, so it had to be small.
A Wide-Angle was a must, as was some degree of control over the camera, specifically ISO, White Balance & Exposure Compensation.
Chose the S620 as it has the features I wanted at a good price point. Checked out the Fuji F200EXR, but I wasn't that impressed with the build quality - it seemed to clunky to my hands. The Panasonic's were pretty good, but the stories of excessive noise put me off somewhat.
- Good build quality
- Very compact
- Nice 2.7" LCD Screen
- ISO, Shutter & Aperture displayed when focusing
- Four AF Area modes including Manual & Face Priority
- Options for Metering, Continuous Shooting & Colors
- Sensible zoom lens (28-112mm), reasonably fast f2.7
- Well laid out intuitive controls
- Shutter lag not a problem
- Good image quality. Photos are sharp, acceptable noise
- "D-Lighting" edit works quite well in playback mode
- Considering file size of 12M photos camera records files quickly enough. Note: I bought a Patriot 8GB Class 6 SDHC card.
- Ability to record images at 12, 8, 5, 3MP resolutions
- Annoyingly limited to 4:3 Aspect Ratio at all image resolutions except one
- No HD Movie capability
- No Full PASM control
None to speak of yet!
Cons are really just a wish list of features that I knew the camera didn't have when I bought it.
These features are available on larger and/or more expensive cameras like the Panasonic LX3 or Ricohs. I wasn't prepared to sacrifice on size or spend more cash so the Nikon was a good fit for me.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|White Pocket Frozen Pond by evanrassbcglobalnet|
from Rock Pools
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors