Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom review
Fast becoming a real classic
Taking into account that the C-8080 is over 5 years old now (2009), this is an excellent camera. In its day it must have been leading the pack (as many reviewers at that time seem to indicate). Magnesium alloy body, top quality Olympus lens, many user options. Excellent output.
Bought second hand (Ebay) complete with battery grip and original extras, plus 2x 2 Gig cards (XD and CF) and 2 batteries. The C-8080 is a miniature E-1 in many respects, quality of construction not least. Great for when not wanting to carry a DSLR.
The C-8080 is not as fast as current digital cameras, but then what do you expect for five year old technology? The 8080 still does as good a job now as it did 5 years ago - have a look at some of the outstanding reviews if you still need convincing.
If you see a good one - buy it!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%