Nikon D40X review

Started Jul 9, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Apan Basu New Member • Posts: 8
Nikon D40X review

I bought this Camera early last year with Nikor AF-s DX VR 18-200 mm lens. I am happy overall with the camera. It does take good pictures. As some other reviewrs suggested - the focussing need to be adjusted slightly to get good focused picture. The "Active" setting on the camera allowed me take some nice pictures from a high speed train in Europe.

Problems:

The manual suggested that the ISO sensor can be set at "Auto" with P, S, A & M mode. The camera does not allow that. Only time the sensor can be Auto - if the camera is set at "Auto" mode. I am not sure whether ithe problem is with my camera only. One tech support told me that I can set the Auto setting on all modes. Another told me the option is not available.

The lens has a hood. The lens is 72 mm. The manual warns that there will be a shadow if built-in Flash is used with the hood. Recently, I visited western part of India - desert like climate. When one moves in and out of old historical places - it is sometimes difficult to remember to take the hood off after being in strong sun. The auto setting Flash caused a round dark area in the pictures. I like the lens. I wish the Flash is set such that there will be no dark spot. I have not taken pictures with external Flash Unit. I do not have one.

Nikon D40X
10 megapixels • 2.5 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Mar 6, 2007
Apan Basu's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow