Canon EOS 30D review

Started Aug 28, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
photosen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,226
Canon EOS 30D review

Bought this as soon as its price went down when the 40D came out to leave more money for lenses: Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 10-22, Canon 70-200 f4. The difference with simple point and shoot cameras could not be greater. It feels rugged, has been completely reliable, and has survived being used almost daily.

This camera feels just right in my hands, although it could be a bit too big for others; the ability to change aperture, shutter speed and other parameters without taking your eye off the viewfinder is really useful.

Newer models do have more functions, better ISO, but I haven't missed those as I'm still trying to get the most out of this excellent camera; couldn't be happier.

It does have some quirks, for instance there is a tendency to overexpose in certain situations, but if you remember that and correct, the pictures can be amazing; the on/off lever can get a bit annoying, particularly when used on a tripod.

Problems:

None, and I find that astonishing (compared to say the daily chore of using computers).

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Canon EOS 30D
8 megapixels • 2.5 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 21, 2006
photosen's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow