Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review
Uber flexible, high quality, fun and easy to use. I have moved to the GH-1 as my main higher-end camera from my Nikon D80. The GH-1 pixel density results in a bit less low light capability vs. the D80, and the GH-1, while fast, is not quite as fast as the Nikon, but the trade-off in size, weight, and versatility is well worth it to me.
1) Image quality is very good across a broad range of shooting conditions and subject matter (I have both of the panasonic G wide zooms and the 20mm primary micro4/3 lenses).
2) Ergonomics and the mix of physical controls, program modes, and menus is outstanding, best, quickest and most intuitive I've experienced in a digital/interchangable lens camera. I always seem to be able to get to the settings I want quickly, a critical capability in any camera, but something I demand of a higher-end unit. I especially like the sliders for on-off and Single/Multi/Timer, very quick to use and you can see just what mode you're in for these basic features. IA mode (Intelligent Auto) is highly usable when time is of the essence. Quick Menu button combined with D-Pad takes care of most of the rest.
3) Video is very good quality and easy to shoot once you get the hange of shooting video with an SLR form factor camera. A bit of a pain to transfer to PC, but nothing too serious. Required dedicated video record button is present and well located.
4) External Mic capability is a HUGE plus for anyone who takes the audio portion of their digital video even the slightest bit seriously.
Overall, a great camera that covers more of my still and video needs than any other I've used. Well done!
AVCHD should be easier to pull off the memory card without resorting to Panasonic's software.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4