Canon PowerShot G11 review
User for six months Now.
Overall I find it a very good piece of hardware with a lousy software:
I Like: IQ ; Nice zoom Range ; Has a viewfinder ; Looks Sturdy ; Top Controls ; ND Filter ; Swivel Screen.
I Don't Like: No 1:1 ; No Step Zoom ; Back Controls ; Menu System ; Viewfinder not good enough for composition. Barrel distortion on wide end.
Overall Nice camera that could be much better with a firmware update.
No Problems except on the Back controls. I usually touch the flash button with my palm.
I also find the Menu system quite limited.
Sometimes it haunts while focusing, but this is a compact camera...
The Viewfinder is no good for framing...
What I Hate is that there is no firmware in sight: 1:1 and Step zoom would make me very happy! A Viewfinder "trim option" would make me even happier... Oh and barrel distortion correction...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%