Casio Exilim EX-H15 review

Started Jun 16, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DoctorJerry Regular Member • Posts: 420
Casio Exilim EX-H15 review

Fantastic camera, great images. As an instructor for digital photography I buy (and then resell) 4 or 5 cameras a year. This camera along with my Canon S90 and Nikon D90 are the best cameras I have owned in many years. The feature set (except for lack of aperture/shutter priority), image quality, ease of use, and battery life are as good as it gets. I have used the camera for over 2000 images and am amazed at how good it is for so little money ($239). Having a camera that can easily fit into a shirt pocket with a 10x optical zoom is simply fantastic. High ISO (ISO 800-1600) is generally very usable. There are several features which are of more questionable value such as Dynamic photos but which can produce very funny results. All in all, one whale of a great camera. I should also note that the shutter lag is almost non-existent and battery life extra long, well over 800 shots per charge.

Problems:

It can take a few seconds to see the results of shooting a picture when in the "best shot" mode because of the extra processing that this can involve. When shooting in AUTO mode there is little lag between seeing the image after shooting. Another negative is the lack of holding an image on the LCD for longer than a second. Finally, while the LCD is very detailed (460,000 dots), the use in very bright light is difficult, true with just about any camera without some type of viewfinder.

DoctorJerry's gear list:DoctorJerry's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +3 more
Casio Exilim EX-H15
14 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 240 mm (10×)
Announced: Jan 6, 2010
DoctorJerry's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow