Leica V-LUX 20 review
First of all I love the design of Leicas compact cameras for
1. They are simply black and unobtrusive! No bling-bling,
rallye stripes or what so ever.
2. They don't have a list of features printed all over the
camera! (I dont need the zoom factor, resolution, name of
the video algorithm or parts of the manual printed on the
camera to walk around like a billboard!
Great package, if you can live with the image quality.
Excellent wide angle capabilities. Long end of the lens is of
limited use, due to high noise levels.
GPS is really a great feature.
Would be the perfect camera for light travel if it had RAW
and the image quality of the D-LUX 4 / Lumix LX-3.
It's a pity that they didn't go with a 6MP sensor and RAW
instead of 12MP with heavy noise-reduction problems even
starting at 80 ASA.
Of course you may not see the smearing in prints up to 20
x 30cm but therefore you don't need noisy 12MP, clean
6MP would be superior!
Noise reduction can't be disabled and is worse than noise as
there is no software (like Noise Ninja) to deal with noise
reduction smearing and the smearing is worse than noise,
that at least resembles film grain.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%