Simply the best!

Started May 22, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
2C New Member • Posts: 16
Simply the best!

On this length you cant get anything better than this lens. When 70-200 f/2.8 comes to short due to 1 step of light, you can really nail the moment with the 200 f/2. It's extremely fast, precise and sharp. You can use it on the 1D, 5D or any other camera with great results. You might also love the possibility to add the 1.4x or 2.0x converter to get reasonable 280mm 2.8 or 400mm 4.0.

I've used this lens for indoor sports, wedding, outside editorial and more. With the IS you can handheld this camera and do 1/10 second images without to many non-keepers (depends on your hands off course!). I used this a lot handheld. So easy to work with. For indoor sport you will love the extra freeze of the moment when you have 1/800 instead of 1/400 of a second.

Compared to my 70-200 f/2.8 IS - the 200 f/2.0 is in another league at 200. The bokeh is really nice! Contrast makes your images shine with really good sharpness! Love this lens!! Highly recommended.

Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM
Telephoto prime lens • Canon EF • 2297B002
Announced: Jan 24, 2008
2C's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
2C
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow