A basic camera with good image quality
You can't fault this camera for not having a big feature set. After all, it is Canon's lowest priced model. What it does do well is make nice images. Images are very sharp even at 100% view and noise is not intrusive from ISO 100 to 400. I have found that turning down the sharpness setting lowers the effect of noise without sacrificing sharpness much as it is so sharp to begin with.
Canon claims to have significantly improved battery life over last year's model (A495). My experience is that battery life is great even with alkaline cells.
Like most of Canon's compacts, there is blue fringing near the edge of the image at wide zoom. Video sound quality is only fair. Slow flash recharge.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%