My review of the Panasonic FX100

Started Sep 12, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
howard23 New Member • Posts: 9
My review of the Panasonic FX100

This is the 3d Panasonic Lumix that I've owned. I keep trading up because they've continued to upgrade the product. This one has a feature that my other 2 did not have. It has a swivel rear screen whose light intensity can be adjusted to fit the shooting conditions. I find it useful to use when shooting macro so I don't have to bend all the way down to capture the image. I am now into Infra Red photography. I take black and white. I use a Hoya R72 filter. Naturally the shutter speed is extremely slow. Rather that carry a tripod, I purchased from Adorama a bean bag contraption on which I set the camera. In order to avoid camera shake I set the 2 sec self timer. Then at the moment of exposure there is no camera shake. I tweek my images in Photoshop Elements 9.0.
Further let me explain. I'm 79 years old and a former camera store owner. I've had both SLR camera and dark room experience. This camera allows me to not have to lug around extra lenses and tripods. It is light weight and compact.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100
14 megapixels • 3 screen • 25 – 600 mm (24×)
Announced: Jul 21, 2010
howard23's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow