A revolution for a small-ish Pentax camera, and me!

Started Nov 9, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,355
A revolution for a small-ish Pentax camera, and me!

I began my return to SLRs with a K-x, then followed a K-7, that did everything better, but high ISO! So when the K-5 appeared I was struck, smitten and lost! My wife definitely didn't get impressed by the K-x, nor the K-7, opting for an E-PL1 instead, and a handful of nice lenses, but after having handled my K-5 for a little while she would not let go! So she bought her own later the same week!

Performance-wise it is close to the Nikon D7000, sharing the same sensor, but does all the things the K-7 was famous for, too, and add to that a faster implemitation than the D7000.

My wife's have had nil problem, as yet!

What would make it perfect, in my book?! Wifi, Eye-Fi, or normal ethernet, and better remote/tethered control! Better live view is always welcome!

Problems:

My K-5 suffered a fall in the UK, was repaired, but eventually had to be replaced, totally, after more problems came to earth, so I now have my second! The first repair was very tardy, but replacement parts were delayed by the Tsunami, so I should not complain, second round much, much better!

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Pentax K-5
16 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Sep 20, 2010
Tord S Eriksson's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow