My quick review
This lens could be better for the price I paid at the time (€510). I like this lens a lot for the professional feel, colors and of cours the wide angle. Optically my copy has a flaw and unfortunately I noticed it too late.
- Good (not great) sharpness at most of the frame. My copy is decentered and doesn't give justice to it, but the sharpest side of the frame is good at f/5.6. I normally use it at f/8 or f/11 and the sharpness improves significally.
- Like my Nikkor 35mm f/1.8, this lens produces great colors and saturation. When coupled with my Hoya HD polarizer it really shines.
- Great focus speed, and it's really silent. The focus ring feels very professional as well as the full body itself, like all EX lenses.
- Excellent flare resistance, especially for a wide angle.
- No CAs at whatever aperture I use.
- Sharpness could be much better across the frame.
If you don't expect tack sharp images this lens is a must have, and a great buy considering the current street price. If sharpness is so important to you get the Tokina 11-18 f/2.8, but expect a lot of other optical problems like CAs and flare. All things considered I give it a 4 out of 5.
My copy has a very soft top right corner. Check your copy for this and get another if yours is decentered too.
|Jose Rocha's score||
|Average community score||
|See all 12 reviews »|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4