awesome camera for the price

Started Jan 19, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
walaki New Member • Posts: 2
awesome camera for the price

Bought in a double zoom kit with 14-42 f3.5-5.6 and 40-150 f 4.0-5.6 nearly two years ago. I've been shooting almost everything, and I have to say, that it takes very good pictures. I love the colours, especially when set to vivid. It creates a strong color effect and I use that option mainly for macro and portrait. Shooting sports is pretty easy with the 40-150 but only at daylight. Lots of people complain about the 3 focus points. I have to tell you, thatit isn't a disaster. For example, I never felt that i have only 3.
Overally it is a good camera to use, if you're an amateur, but when upgrading to higher level lenses, it can become a real pro.

Problems:

There are a few things, which i have to mention. It would be nice to see a built in LED for focusing and a flash, which pops-up higher. Also, I found the viewfinder a little bit small, but it isn't that big problem. Anyway, the worst is, that Olympus didn't continue this line of cameras, because they vould produce a lot of nice and great cameras to their highgrade lenses.

Olympus E-520 (EVOLT E-520)
10 megapixels • 2.7 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: May 13, 2008
walaki's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow