You will need to spend some on lenses to get the most from the T3i

Started Feb 5, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
David zzzzzzzzzz
David zzzzzzzzzz Forum Member • Posts: 65
You will need to spend some on lenses to get the most from the T3i

I really was having a hard time getting some good shots until I stopped using the kit lens. My biggest complaint about the kit lens is the colors, they seem unnatural to me. Anyway, got the 15-85 and the 70-300mm and have some really pleasing results but is has taken some work to get there.

One thing I noticed though, with the original rebel it seemed easier to get good shots, even with the kit lens. Some of the low light photos with the original Rebel were not great, but the flash pictures with the built in flash were better than the T3i with built it flash. With a remote Speedlight all is well however.

So my conclusion is that point and shoot is not going to get you great pictures as easily anymore. You are going to be using the buttons, dials and wheels quite a bit. You will have to think about which lens and aperture and shutter speed and ISO to use. You will have to plan your flash angles more carefully.

Oh, and I have used the remote flash commander and it is a great feature.

Problems:

Kit lens 18-55 don't bother.

Also, pretty much hopeless where high fps is needed, you will feel the buffer instanty.

David zzzzzzzzzz's gear list:David zzzzzzzzzz's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Sony SLT-A35 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
18 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 7, 2011
David zzzzzzzzzz's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
weak
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
okay
= community average
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow