Poor quality image, low battery life. Waterproof??
I bought this camera in March/2011 for the dream trip to Hawaii. It was a last minute buy, so I didn't have enough time to test it before I took off. During my very first visit to the beach, water got into the camera and it stopped working. I called Olympus from there and all they said they could do was repair it for me, which would take no less than 2 weeks.
Once I got back home (I live in TX), obviously I was very frustrated, I sent it to Olympus and indeed after 2 to 3 weeks I got the camera repaired.
I did try using it in the neighborhood swimming pool and it worked.
In March/2012, spring break, I went again to another dream vacation, this time in Cancun. Needless to say that again water got into the camera on the first day at the beach. There is no warranty this time, so basically I lost the chance to take great pictures and I lost the camera too.
- Start up time is way too long.
- Picture quality is poor. I have one Canon P&S at around the same price range, that produces way much better quality pictures.
- Battery life is a joke. Around 70 (or less) pictures per charge.
|Average community score||
|See all 3 reviews »|
bad for good for
|Kids / pets||
|Action / sports||
|Landscapes / scenery||
|Low light (without flash)||
|Flash photography (social)||
|Studio / still life||
= community average
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Mar 20, 2012|
|4 months ago|
|4 months ago|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO