My main squeeze

Started Apr 13, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chuck Lantz Veteran Member • Posts: 4,332
My main squeeze

I shoot action sports subjects, including surfing, yachting, motorcycle and auto racing. With all these sports, the action moves from close-up to far away very quickly, too quickly to switch lenses, and often too quickly to switch to another camera and lens. So I need a lens with a very broad range, which makes the Sigma 50-500mm the perfect lens for my work.

I shoot with Sigma cameras, which are limited to Sigma lenses. But even if I shot with Nikon or Canon, I'd still use a Sigma 50-500mm lens. Simply put, nothing comes close to matching its range.

This is the second Sigma 50-500mm I've owned. The first was the non-OS version, and I now own the OS version. Both worked excellently, with no problems at all. When shooting, my camera is often subjected to blowing sand and seawater spray, often getting completely doused with water. Even under those conditions, the 50-500mm has never had a single problem.

If I had to choose only one lens, the 50-500mm would definitely be the one, by miles.

Problems:

None.

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +25 more
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Telephoto zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha • 738
Announced: Feb 20, 2010
Chuck Lantz's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow