Nikon p310 HD video is disappointing

Started Jun 1, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SkipB New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon p310 HD video is disappointing

Am very disappointed in the Nikon P310's HD Video capabilities, and its only a average still-image picture taker as well. I'm going to return it today for a refund or credit.

The 1080p and 720p HD video clips of moving objects like cars and trains jitter during playback, and sometimes a lot.

And videos taken indoors show severe artifacting if panning around; Vertical edges (corners of walls, doorways, Windows, furniture) get jagged. When panning slowly indoors, there seems to the a horizontal split of the video across the center, the image above the center is not always lined up with the image below the sensor.

I was going to keep the camera because the still images are 'not bad', but then yesterday afternoon spent an afternoon at the local rail station, taking videos and stills of the early evening rush hour trains, and it was apparent the video clips were just too jittery, although the sound playback seemed fine.

And I did download the video clips and stills onto several different PCs, Apple Quicktime seems to bring out the most jitter with moving objects, while using Windows Media Player produced the most jagged vertical edges on the indoor viseo clips.

Nikon Coolpix P310
16 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 100 mm (4.2×)
Announced: Feb 1, 2012
SkipB's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
acceptable
Action / sports
poor
Landscapes / scenery
mediocre
Portraits
acceptable
Low light (without flash)
acceptable
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
acceptable
= community average
Nikon Coolpix P310
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow