A cracker! Wish I had purchased it 12 mths ago.....

Started Jun 11, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Sad Joe New Member • Posts: 12
A cracker! Wish I had purchased it 12 mths ago.....

Received my new 15-85 lenses earlier today having put off its purchase for over 12 mths due to my job situation (or lack of ) and my desire to go FF. Lens is well made but not fancy - in fact the earlier 17-85 (which I also have) looks flashier, the construction is good with high grade plastics. The zoom control is quite robust (firm) with no lens creep, the focus action is smooth and fast. Despite poor lighting (its been raining cats and dogs for days across the UK with massive floods in Wales) the lens has performed well on my Canon 40D. The images are sharp and colourful with decent contrast. In short a joy of a lens to use - its compares very well to my 24-105 L lens (told you I was planning to go FF) but has a far more useful range on a cropped sensor body. Early days but I have no doubt this one lens will cover 90% of my photo's.

Problems:

SLOW delivery (17 days) from Simply Electronics despite their claim that they had it in stock and delivery would be 2-8 days and no written confirmation of my extended MAC warranty (which cost me extra) which I am chasing them for. Great price but NOT impressed with their service.

Sad Joe's gear list:Sad Joe's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Zoom lens • Canon EF-S • 3560B002
Announced: Sep 1, 2009
Sad Joe's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow