Best cheap mirrorless camera, hands-down.
The NX100 can be had for a song, and the tune it sings is all about exceptional IQ at a bargain price. Contrasty, popping colors in low ISO JPEG, a little sluggish processing RAW but not too bad with 14MP files. A grossly underrated and seriously overlooked camera with capabilities far beyond lackluster reviews and poor marketing efforts by Samsung would have you believe.
- Above par image quality, solid DR range with flexible Smart settings, great RAW quality.
- NX glass is above average for mirrorless cams, and Samsung is doing pretty well issuing new stuff.
- Unbelievable cheap price for what you get.
- AMOLED screen allows manual focusing by checking the 'shimmer' area in some scenes, very clear and bright.
- The stock 20-50mm kit lens is a tad flimsy feeling but has killer sharpness for a kit.
- RAW processing a bit slow with menu lockup.
- JPEG noise quality is poor at higher ISO.
- Available EVF is so-so.
- No popup flash, requires optional mini flash.
- Rather cheap feeling plastic and no grip means you need to get a Horusbennu leather half-case (a must have).
|Average community score||
|See all 8 reviews »|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%